Witness the outstanding landscapes of the Andes and enjoy the natural beauty with this unique and exclusive 4 Day Salkantay Trek. This trek follows a slightly different route from the Classic Salkantay or Inca Trail. Witness a section of the Inca Trail when we hike to Machu Picchu.
Enjoy beautiful sights along the Salkantay Trail and get enthralled by the magical view of Humantay Lagoon and the Salkantay Mountain. Trek to the Ichupata campsite and spend a night under sky full stars. Visit the frozen, Inca Chiriaska Pass at 5,100 meters and enjoy hot drinks while enjoying the breathtaking scenery.
Get mesmerized by the stunning views of valley and mountains, when you enter a section of the Inca trail. Visit the Llactapata Inca Archaeological site, characterized by beautiful houses, water channels, and farming terraces. The last day of the trek takes you to Machu Picchu, which is the main attraction of this trek. Enjoy the peaceful sunrise from the top of Machu Picchu and get immersed in the glacial views.
- Witness crystalline blue water of the Humantay Lagoon
- Unparalleled views of the Salkantay glacier mountain
- Camp under the beautiful night sky in Ichupata
- Trek to a cold and frozen pass - Inca Chiriaska at 5,100 meters
- Gaze at another glacial beauty- Paltayoc Peak
- Visit the famous Llactapata Inca Archaeological site
- Enjoy 2 hours of guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Witness the beautiful sunrise from Machu Picchu
- Day 1: Cusco to Soraypampa Campsite to Humantay Lagoon to Salkantay Pampa to Ichupata
Wake up early and our private transport will pick you up from the hotel at 04:30 AM. Embark on a 3.5 Hour drive to Soraypampa and enjoy breakfast at the destination, along with the trek staff.
Begin 1.5 hours hike towards the skirts of Humantay Mountain and witness the magical Humantay Lagoon. Hike down to the starting point and trek towards Salkantay pampa. This trek would take 2 hours with gradual ascent and you will reach the lunch spot. Witness spectacular views of the Salkantay Mountain and the Humantay Lagoon while on the trail.
After lunch and some break, trek along an ascending terrain for 3 hours and reach the campsite at Ichupata. You’ll stay overnight under the stars at a beautiful campsite.
- Day 2: Ichupata to Inca Frozen Pass or Condor Pass to Inca Canal to Paucar Cancha
Get up early for breakfast and begin with the day’s hike to Inca Chiriaska Pass. This would take 3 hours and experience the cold destination. Enjoy breathtaking views of the mountains and enjoy hot drinks.
A downhill trek for 3.5 hours takes you to the lunch point. Witness mesmerizing view of Paltayoc peak and enjoy your lunch.
Continue hiking for another 3.5 hours to reach the campsite at Pauccar Cancha. You will stay here for the night and enjoy dinner.
- Day 3 : Paucar Cancha to Llactapata to KM82 to Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
Visit the archaeological site of Pauccar Cancha after breakfast and continue with your hike. Enter a section of the Inca Trail and get astounded by the surrounding valleys and mountains. Visit the famous Llactapata Inca Archaeological site and witness farming terraces bordering the mountain side. Hike for 1 more hour and stop for lunch.
Continue trek for 2 hours towards KM82 and board the private van to Ollantaytambo. Enjoy dinner at Ollantaytambo and board a train to Aguas Cailentes. Stay overnight at hotel in Aguas Cailentes.
- Day 4: Machu Picchu to Cusco
Enjoy early morning breakfast and walk till the bus station to board an early bus to Machu Picchu. Witness the beautiful sunrise at Machu Picchu and begin with 2-3 hours of guided tour of Machu Picchu. Explore the site on your own or hike to Huayna Picchu, Sun Gate or the Inca Bridge.
Take the bus back to Aguas Calientes and enjoy your lunch (not included in the package). Board a train to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting to transfer you back to Cusco.
- Trek briefing
- Transportation as per the itinerary
- Trekking equipment; tent, etc.
- Three meals a day during trekking
- 2-star Hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Tented accommodation during trekking
- Down jacket and Sleeping bags (on rent)
- Satellite phone
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- Transportation services including permits, government taxes etc.
- Porters (Up to 20 kgs per person)
- Professional High Altitude Trekking Guide with fluency in English
- First Aid kit
- Nepal immigration and Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Optional trips and sight-seeing; Huayna Pichu
- Added expense that may arise due to unforeseen events like transportation delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Personal expenses
Good to Know
- The horses would be available only for the first day of the trek for half of the destination. For the rest of the trek, the porters would be available for carrying the luggage. Please remember, each member is allowed to carry 7 kg of luggage in the Duffel, which would be provided. In case the weight exceeds 7 kg, you will have to carry the extra baggage on your own.
- Sleeping bags, inflatable air mattress, and walking sticks will be available on rent.