Landlocked between India and China, Bhutan is a beautiful country in South Asia, which is also referred to as the last of the Great Himalayan Kingdom’s. This country is a treasure house of Buddhist art, monasteries, culture, and much more. This Buddhist Kingdom is blessed with age-old traditions, ancient culture, and welcoming people. This 10-Day Cultural tour in Bhutan includes sightseeing in Paro and Thimphu along with a 4-Day trekking tour in Samtengang. Discover stunning landscapes, beautiful architecture of monasteries, natural environment, and remote destinations in Bhutan. You will visit various historical attractions including the most iconic, Taktsang’s Monastery that is built upon the edge of a sheer cliff.
- Explore the two most developed towns in Bhutan, Paro and Thimphu.
- Enjoy sightseeing tours and visit famous historical attractions
- Visit numerous monasteries, temples, fortresses, and marvelous architecture of buildings
- Hike to 17th century Taktsang or Tiger’s Nest Monastery, an iconic landmark in Paro
- Day 1: Arrival at Paro International Airport and sightseeing tour
After your arrival at Paro International Airport, our drivers and representatives will pick all guests and escort everyone to the hotel. After some well-deserved rest, we will begin with a short sightseeing tour in Paro and visit the National Museum of Bhutan - Ta Dzong, Dungtse Lhakhang, and Kichu Lhakhang. The rest of the evening is free to explore the city and the guests will stay the night at a hotel.
- Day 2: Hike to Taktsang Monastery
After breakfast, we will drive to Ramthangka, the base of Taktsang Monastery. From here, we will hike through an ancient path covered with pine trees and reach the impressive Taktsang Monastery. We will hike back through the same route and stop at Taktsang cafeteria for lunch. Meet with the drivers at the base and drive towards a Farmhouse. Explore the beautiful farmhouse and enjoy a relaxing hot stone bath. Relish delicious Bhutanese dinner and drive back to the hotel for an overnight stay.
- Day 3: Drive to Thimphu and explore the city
Today we will drive to the capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu, and explore the beautiful city. Drive along the Paro River for 2 hours to reach the destination. We will check into a hotel and soon begin with the sightseeing tour. Visit the Bhutan Postal Museum, Royal Textile Museum, and Tashichho Dzong, followed by dinner and an overnight stay at the hotel.
- Day 4: Drive to Punakha and explore the city
Get up early for breakfast and drive to the popular Punakha Valley to visit some interesting places. On the way, we will visit Dordhenma Statue and the National Memorial Choeten in Thimphu. Cross the Dochu La pass and witness beautiful views of the Himalayan Range. Check into a hotel for lunch and do a 2-hour return hike to KhamsumYulleyNamgyelChoeten. After the hike, we will visit the Punakha Dzong during the late afternoon and drive to the hotel for an overnight stay.
- Day 5: Trek from Punakha to Limukha
This is the first day of the trekking tour and we will walk past the Punakha Dzong to cross the Pho Chhu River via a foot over bridge. This is the largest bridge in Bhutan that will take us to Shengana. Follow a gradual uphill trail through a forest and reach Limukha for an overnight stay in tents.
- Day 6: Trek from Limukha to Chungsakha
Today we will trek through dense rhododendron and oak forests to reach our destination. Chungsakha is a small village with about 10 houses and an impressive Cyprus tree. We will stay the night here in camping tents.
- Day 7: Trek from Chungsakha to Samtengang
The trekking trail for today will be mostly downhill till PeChhu, from where it will climb again through Sha village. We will reach Samtengang after 5 hours of trekking and spend the night at a beautiful campsite beside a school and a small lake.
- Day 8: Trek from Samtengang to Chhuzomsa
Today’s trail follows a steep downhill path to Chhuzomsa, from where we will drive to Wangdue Phodrang and check into a hotel. We will visit the famous Chhime Lhakhang, the temple of fertility and spend the night at the hotel.
- Day 9: Drive to Paro via Thimphu
This is the last day of this tour and we will drive back to Paro via Thimphu. We will have lunch in Thimphu and visit a famous hilltop temple and the National Institute of Zorig Chusum. We will reach Paro by evening and spend the night in a hotel.
- Day 10: Departure
After wholesome breakfast, our drivers will drop all the guests at Paro International Airport for departures, marking the end of this wonderful tour.
- Visa Fee
- Sustainable Development Fee to the Royal Govt. of Bhutan
- Per night surcharge
- Three meals a day
- Accommodation in a hotel on twin sharing basis (6 nights)
- Accommodation in tents (3 night)
- Airport pick and drop
- Trekking equipment
- Transportation through the trek
- Licensed tour guide
- Internal taxes
- Personal expenses
- Emergency evacuation
- Personal Insurance
- Cultural shows that require prior arrangement
- Premium accommodation or surcharge for single occupancy
- Anything not mentioned in the Included section
Good to Know
- Best time for this trek: March to June and September to November
- The itinerary and dates of this tour package are flexible and can be customized as per your preferences