Bhutan is the tiny Buddhist Kingdom, located between India and China that measures modern development by Gross National Happiness. The country is blessed with age-old traditions, ancient culture, and welcoming people. This 4-Day tour in Bhutan will cover the two major cities, Paro and Thimphu. Discover stunning landscapes, beautiful architecture of monasteries, natural environment, and remote destinations in Bhutan. You will visit various historical attractions including the most iconic, Taktsang’s Monastery that is built upon the edge of a sheer cliff.
- Explore the two most developed towns in Bhutan, Paro and Thimphu. Enjoy sightseeing tours and visit famous historical attractions
- Visit numerous monasteries, temples, fortresses, and marvelous architecture of the buildings
- Hike to the 17th century Taktsang or Tiger’s Nest Monastery, an iconic landmark in Paro
- Day 1: Arrival at Paro International Airport and sightseeing tour
Our drivers and representatives will pick all guests from Paro International Airport and escort everyone to the hotel. After some rest, we will begin with the sightseeing tour in Paro and visit Kichu Lhakhang Monastery, the National Museum of Bhutan, Paro Dzong, and Sangchoekhar Monastery on a hilltop. The rest of the evening is free to explore the city and the guests will stay the night at a hotel.
- Day 2: Hike to Taktsang Monastery and drive to Thimphu
After breakfast, we will drive to Ramthangka, the base of Taktsang Monastery. From here, we will hike through an ancient path covered with pine trees and reach the impressive Taktsang Monastery. We will hike back through the same route and stop at a cafeteria for lunch. Meet with the drivers at the base and begin the 1.5-hour drive to Thimphu. We will visit the famous landmarks in the capital city including The National Memorial Choeten, and the Tashichho Dzong in the evening. The evening is free to explore the city and we will spend the night at a hotel in Thimphu.
- Day 3: Explore Thimphu
Today we will explore Thimphu city and begin with the excursion after breakfast. We will begin by visiting the Buddha Dordenma Statue, Bhutan Postal Museum, Royal Textile Museum, The Folk Heritage Museum, National Institute of Zorig Chusum, and National Handicrafts Museum. We will spend the night at a hotel in Thimphu.
- Day 4: Drive to Paro and departure
We will begin the day with wholesome breakfast and drive to Paro and then to the Paro International Airport for departure.
- Visa Fee
- Sustainable Development Fee to the Royal Govt. of Bhutan
- Per night surcharge
- Three meals a day
- Accommodation in a hotel on twin sharing basis (2 nights)
- Accommodation in a farmhouse (1 night)
- Airport pick and drop
- Transportation through the trek
- Licensed tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Emergency evacuation
- Personal Insurance
- Premium accommodation or surcharge for single occupancy
- Anything not mentioned in the included section
Good to Know
- Best time for this trek: March to May and September to November.
- This trek requires good level of physical fitness. The guests should be able to trek 20+ km in 8-9 hours through rough terrains.