It is truly said that Mountains are the beginning and epilogue of all the natural serenity. It is no less than a cathedral for the trekkers, and Nepal is the place where this lies. Infamous for its spectacular mountain peaks, trekking in Nepal is on the list of every nomad. The country is home to the world’s highest peak Mount Everest, Nepal is liable to bestow immense pleasure to its trekkers through scenic views, mesmeric backdrops, challenging trains, finest treks and snow.
Trekking here entices everyone, and with the options of the best trekking places in Nepal, you get to choose correctly.
Find yourself surrounded by the most iconic mountains, Mount Everest is the highest Mountain peak in the world and is a dreamy land for the trekkers. Sagarmatha National Park in the Everest region offers the best treks with mesmeric views. The trek includes:
- Below Everest Trek- for those who are short on time the trek is for them that start from Lukla to Namche Bazaar and then branch off to one of the smaller communities of Thame, Tengboche or Dingboche, and then to Lukla.
- Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek- Second most popular trek after Everest Base Camp Trek, and takes you to the small lakeside villages. Even provides an opportunity to join the Everest Trek.
- Everest Base Camp Trek- is famous and alluring of all, the trek follows well-established trail winding its way up through the valleys, along glaciers and finally you reach Mt. Everest. Everest trek is the goal of every trekker.
- Everest Three Passes Trek- is altogether a different route from the regular one. A less traveled trail is challenging, adventurous and combines major highlights of other treks.
In Everest Region, you can also climb peaks including Island, Khayu Ri and Mera for a shorter trekking expedition.
Mustang Trek Region
Renowned for its serenity, Mustang entices a lot of trekkers to trek in the region crediting to its vibrant culture, age-old Buddhist Monasteries, scenic views, craved caves into cliff walls, and more. Mustang Region Trek is an ultimate gateway to the mysterious world due to it being lesser known trek passes and provides spectacular landscapes and Himalayan Scenery. Upper Mustang is famous and the best time to visit here is from March to early November.
Nagarkot Valley has a reputation of being the best destination for relishing Himalayan view especially in the month of March, April, and October to December. Nagarkot offers panoramic and one of the broadest views of the Himalayas in Kathmandu, and the mountain ranges include Annapurna, Manaslu, Rolwaling, and more. Renowned for trekking, the place bestows several mini-treks possible to and from Nagarkot including Navratna, Mala, Dhulikhel, and Sankhu.
One of the renowned and most loved trekking places in Nepal, Annapurna Region Trek is renowned for scenic views of the magnificent Himalayas, tranquil ambiance and much more. The gateway to this trekking arena is Pokhara – the city of Lakes and Caves. The trekking difficulty of the trail is moderate and September to November is the best time.
- Annapurna Circuit Trek- is famous for its unpredictable weather and stated as one if the deadliest mountains. The trek has its own charm amongst the trekkers and takes you deep into the heartland of the Himalayan region.
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek- is an amazing way to enjoy the culture and tradition of the locals and is a perfect blend of natural scenery and rich diversity.
Being the Mecca of Trekking, Nepal provides an incredible experience to mountaineers, trekkers, and hikers from across the world. Amongst the several amazing trekking region and trails, Manaslu is one which is known as Mountain of Spirit. Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain peak in the world which takes us to the summit for a glorious view across the Himalaya. Manaslu is a stunning and remote peak proving to be an ideal preparatory climb for Everest and for those who considering to climb an 8,000m peak. The difficulty level is high with ascends moderate angled snow slopes.
Kathmandu Valley- Langtang Region
Delve deep into the enchanting beauty of Nepal with Langtang Valley Trek– one of the world’s most beautiful valleys. Langtang is one of the easy treks, a less busy route and ideal for those who are short on time but wants to trek the Himalayas. The region was highly affected by the 2015 earthquake, but with renovation efforts underway, the area has reopened for trekkers. The trek takes you through the heart of the country and also makes you know about the Tamang and Tibet origin by letting you have an insight into their culture and lifestyle.
Trek to the seventh highest mountain in the world, Dhaulagiri Mountain Range is also known as the White Mountains which proves to be a difficult trek route and is lesser climbed. The trek takes you through farming villages in the Himalayan foothills to uninhabited valleys to alpine pastures to breathtaking views, and more. Dhaulagiri region trek is an unforgettable adventure experience, a challenging but worthwhile for trekkers. On the other hand, the Dhaulagiri zone is also famous for Kali Gandaki Valley trek and Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve.
Mountains have their own charm, and when it is the Himalayas, nothing is more comforting and challenging at the same time. Trekking is a perfect way to be close to them and to find inner silence.