India is immensely blessed with natural attractions and unexplored sights present in different nooks and corners of this country. Getting a chance to witness the beauty of the places in India is an experience for a lifetime. These places are spread in different parts of the country, from east to west and north to south.
So, with us visit and explore the top 10 places in India.
1. Ghats of Varanasi: India is the land of cultures, festivals, and spirituality. Therefore, a trip to India remains incomplete without a visit to holy Varanasi. Set on the banks of the sacred Ganges River and bustling with enchanting temples and holy ghats, Varanasi is one of the best places to visit in India for a sense of divinity. Varanasi Ghat is one of the UNESCO Heritage Sites in India where folks from across the globe come for a holy bath and perform rites.
2. Ganges of Rishikesh: The ‘Yoga Capital of India’ and the ‘Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas,’ Rishikesh is a place with bountiful beauty, sanctity and adventure. The place has on offer something for everyone in its bosom. Being blessed with the Garhwal Himalayas and Ganges, Rishikesh embraces tranquility like no other place. And due to the presence of natural marvels, Rishikesh is also the adventure capital of India, with white water river rafting, bungee jumping, rock climbing being, etc. being quite popular.
3. Backwaters of Kerala: Shimmering backwaters, coconut fringed beaches, colorful life and traditional Ayurveda wisdom, this is Kerala. One of the most picturesque towns of India heavily blessed with natural magnificence. In addition to the backwaters, pristine beaches, lush green valleys, it is home to some of the scenic hill stations. From houseboat stays in Alleppey to tea gardens in Munnar to elephant rides at Periyar wildlife sanctuary, a trip to Kerala is an experience of lifetime for a traveler.
4. The Holiness of Dharamshala: At the top of Kangra lies the Dharamsala, the home of His Holiness Dalai Lama. The deodar cedar trees, calm streams and appealing environment makes Dharamsala trip a ‘must-have’ for every wanderer. Imagine yourself living in a place surrounded by luscious greens, mesmerizing mountains and gushing rivers, the majesty of it transports you into a serene world. That’s exactly how you will feel in Dharamsala. During winters, Dharamsala is wrapped in pristine white snow and gives you the opportunity to experience snowfall.
5. Beaches of Goa: The pint-size Goa is rich in beautiful beaches, ancient architecture and sites of worship. Along the Western Ghats, Goa boasts of flora and fauna. On a holistic level, from cuisines to colorful life, visiting Goa is a treat for the soul. Best places to visit in India at Goa: Dudh Sagar waterfall, Se Cathedral, Anjuna beach and so much more. On your trip to Goa, make sure you visit these places in order to fully satiate the wanderlust soul.
6. Monuments of Khajuraho: In the heart of Madhya Pradesh lies Khajuraho, the town of living artwork. Khajuraho is eminent for its finest temple sculptures. The Khajuraho temples are one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India, depicting nagara-style architecture and erotic sculptures. A visit to Khajuraho is an opportunity for you to come closer to the history, divinity and legacy of incredible India.
7. Snow Peaks of Himachal: Himachal is India’s perfect place for going on a snow tour. Within Himachal, the land of Manali is the home to snow-capped mountains, cascading waterfalls and an array of adventure sports, like snowboarding, skiing, heli-ski and more. Spiti Valley in Himachal is a cold dessert mountain area, perfect for travelers who love snow and chill.
8. Ancient Ruins of Hampi: A city immersed in the glory of Vijayanagara Empire, Hampi is a breathtaking place in India to visit. The ruins of the city contain a number of beautiful temples, monuments, and palaces, each of them narrating a unique tale of the grandeur of Vijayanagara rulers. A walk through the Hampi streets is an opportunity to discover the lost magnificence of the Vijayanagara Empire. ‘Hampi Utsav’ is the major highlight of this city, where the rich culture comes alive against the backdrop of splendid ruins, a sight to behold.
9. Tea Gardens of Darjeeling: The Queen of Hills, Darjeeling is nestled at the foothills of the Himalayas. The vast stretches of tea gardens in Darjeeling are one of the major tourist attractions along with vegetation and adventure options such as trekking and hiking.
10. The Beauty of the Himalayas: The majestic Himalayas allure travelers from different parts of the world to India. Opportunities galore when you are in the Himalayan land, starting from mountaineering to trekking to skiing and lots more. The frozen lakes of Himalayas are also a thing of arresting beauty. The Himalayan region of Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim has the best-frozen lakes in India. Along with the splendor, the Himalayan mountains are the source of inspiration and spirituality.
These are some of the fascinating places to explore while you are in India. Visit them for a euphoric expedition.