Be a part of vivid experiences and capture the stunning beauty of Leh and Markha Valley. This high venture through the Himalayas and two epic passes- Ganda-La and Kongmaru La will keep you delighted through the tour. You will cross through various villages in the Markha and get a chance to acquaint with their lifestyle, customs, and traditions. The trek trails are elaborated by beautiful Buddhist Monasteries, where you can listen to the calming chants by the monks. This trek will also give you an opportunity to climb to the exquisite Himaling and capture remarkable views from the top.
- Witness the beautiful wildlife and flora at the Hemis National Park
- Trek through wide meadows, gorges, ridges, snow covered path, mountain streams, etc
- Capture the mesmeric beauty of Himaling and spend the night at camp
- Acquaint with the lifestyle and ethos of the Ladakhi people and visit numerous ethnic villages
- Visit numerous Buddhist Monasteries
- Enjoy scenic drives to and from Leh
- Day 1: Leh to Spituk to Zinchen to Rumbak to Yurutshe
The guests will be transferred to Zinchen via a private vehicle. This would take 1.5 hours, and we will begin trekking from Zinchen to Yurutshe. The trail follows a gradual path till Rumbak and gets a little steep after this. Trek for another 3-4 hours and spend the night in a camp at Yurutshe.
- Day 2: Yurutshe to Gandala base
Begin the day around 8 AM, and we will trek to the highest top of this trek. You might face a little difficulty while breathing at Gandala. Witness the ruins at the top and trek downhill to Shingo village to stay the night in a camp.
- Day 3: Gandala Base to Skiu
Today we will trek downhill through meadows and a narrow stream to reach Skiu. Skiu is an area with a lot of small villages and has a trail that will lead you to Markha. We will spend the night at a camp.
- Day 4: Skiu to Markha
We will have to trek for almost 7-8 hours and follow a gradual trail till Markha. Witness beautiful sites, green landscapes, and pristine rivers along the route. We will have Seaburgthron juice at a local village and spend the night at a camp in Markha.
- Day 5: Markha to Thachungtse
Follow a straight and gradual route till Hankgker and witness a beautiful monastery built upon a rock. Continue trek to Thachungtse and stay the night here.
- Day 6: Thachungtse to Nimaling
Today we will trek to the coldest region of this trek and we might face little difficulty with breathing. We will trek through the villages of Thachungtse and spend the night at Himaling.
- Day 7: Nimaling to Chuskarmu
Trek from Nimaling to Kongmarula pass will be quite difficult with beautiful views of the mountain. After the pass, we will go downhill through meadows, gorges and a narrow trail. We will cross a river to reach Chuskarmu and spend the night at a camp.
- Day 8: Chuskarmu to Leh and drive
We will begin the day early and visit beautiful monasteries on the way including, Hemis, Shey and Thikshey Monastery. We will trek till Shang Sumdo and drive to Leh from this point. Enjoy a short sightseeing tour in Leh and spend the night in a hotel.
- Day 9: Rest Day
The guests can spend leisure time at Leh or depart to their next destinations.
- Day 10: Departure
The trek trip is officially over and the guests can depart to their hometown.
- Hotel Accommodation at Leh
- Tented accommodation throughout the trek to twin sharing basis
- Camping and trekking gear
- Transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to trekking point with return and hotel to airport
- Three meals a day
- Porters and Yak to carry extra luggage
- Professional trek guide, cooks and helpers
- Permits and entry fee
- Personal expenses
- Carriage of personal luggage by porters
- Any cost that may arise due to unforeseen events
- Transportation apart from the one mentioned in Included section
Good to Know
- Best Season for this trek- July and August
- Distance covered during trek- 100 km
- The organizer can customize the trek depending upon the group size, itinerary, and amenities.