Embrace the spectacular views of Mussorie, Kempty falls, Vikasnagar, and the Bandarpoonch range from Nag Tibba. This mesmeric ridge lies on the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayas and is one of the three main ridges of the lower Himalayas. This trek will also give you a chance to visit the famous Nag Devta temple and understand his mythological importance. The trail for this trek is filled with beautiful trees of bauhinia, oak, and rhododendron along with babbling streams, hill slopes, and vast meadows. This location also has a wide variety of birds including blue-cheeked bulbul, hill myna, jungle babbler, and Red-vented bulbul. Embark upon an astonishing vacation in Uttarakhand and gather beautiful memories for a lifetime.
- Trek through forested trails, alpine meadows, hill slopes, and trees of rhododendron, bauhinia, oak, and maple
- Witness a wide variety of birds including blue-cheeked bulbul, hill myna, jungle babbler and Red-vented bulbul
- Visit the Nag Devta temple and pay obeisance
- Enjoy a scenic drive from Dehradun to Pantwari Village via Mussorie and Kempty fall
- Capture the immaculate beauty of the valley from Nagtibba Top
- Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Pantwari and trek to Kathian Campsite
We will begin the tour with an early morning drive to Pantwari via Mussorie and Kempty falls. Witness terraced farms and hill slopes with beautiful Bauhinia trees. We will reach Pantwari after 3.5 hours of drive and ascent to the campsite.
You will see a wide variety of flowers and birds including Blue-cheeked bulbul, hill myna, jungle babbler and Red-vented bulbul around the campsite. We will begin the trek from the main road of Pantwari and climb up the ridge face. Leaving the village behind, we will cross a Goat Village on the steep trail and enter a dense rhododendron forest. We will reach the Kathian campsite by late afternoon and enjoy a freshly brewed mint tea. Capture mesmeric sunset from the campsite and spend the night here.
- Day 2: Trek to Nag Tibba top and return to Pantwari; Drive to Dehradun
Today we will trek to the Nag Devta temple post breakfast and pay our obeisance there. After visiting the temple, we will walk further for one hour more to Nag Tibba top through dense forests of rhododendrons and oaks. Witness a variety of birds including Niltava and Flameback woodpeckers on the way. Visit the Nag Tibba top and descend to Pantawari village for lunch. Drive to Dehradun, marking the end of this wonderful tour.
- Transportation as per the itinerary
- Camping and trekking equipment
- Charges for forest entry
- Porters and mules to carry extra luggage
- Three meals a day
- Trek guide, helpers, and cook
- Tented accommodation
- Transportation from Dehradun to hometown
- Accommodation in Dehradun
- Personal expenses
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Any expense not mentioned in the Included section
Good to Know
- This difficulty level of this trek is easy, and can be done by anyone with moderate level of physical fitness
- Participants are requested to carry clothing essentials like thermal inner wear, waterproof and windproof jackets, fleece jackets, woolen socks, personal medical kit, etc.