Experience an enthralling trail from the source of the holy river Ganges to the base of Shivling. This trek will give you a chance to witness the immaculate beauty of Uttarakhand and its natural magnificence. Follow charming trails through high altitude alpine meadows, glaciers, and forested trails. Trek along the alluring Bhagirathi River and spend a night at the beautiful campsite at Gangnani. The trek will reward you with iconic views of Shivling, Bhagirathi peaks, Meru, and Sumeru. Embark upon a scenic trekking experience and gather abundant memories for a lifetime.
- Trek through forested trails, alpine meadows, pristine streams, hot water springs and glaciers
- Witness the source of the sacred Ganges river
- Capture stunning views of Himalayan peaks including Shivling, Bhagirathi peaks, Meru, and Sumeru
- Enjoy a scenic drive from Dehradun to Gangotri and back
- Capture the pristine beauty of Bhagirathi river
- Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Gangotri
We will begin the tour with a scenic drive to Gangnani via Uttarkashi. Gangnani has numerous natural hot water springs and we will stay the night in a guesthouse.
- Day 2: Trek to Chirbasa
Today we will commence with trekking and hike to Chirbasa. Follow a beaten trail along the Bhagirathi River and reach Chirbasa campsite for overnight stay.
- Day 3: Trek to Bhojbasa
We will follow a barren trail and dense forests till Bhojbasa. This trail is also considered as Arctic Tundra by many trekkers. Witness excellent views of Bhagirathi peaks and the mesmeric sunset. We will visit a small temple and spend the night at a campsite beside the river.
- Day 4: Trek to Gaumaukh and Tapovan
Begin the day early and enjoy delicious breakfast. We will hike to Gaumukh, the source of Ganges and explore the surrounding area. Continue trek through high altitude alpine meadows and a steep trail to reach Tapovan. This is a famous destination for Sadhus to meditate amidst the beautiful nature.
- Day 5: Rest at Tapovan
This is a leisure day and the guests can enjoy stunning views of the snowcapped mountains, flora, fauna, and natural landscapes. You will be able to capture charming views of Shivling, Bhagirathi peaks, Meru, and Sumeru. We will visit the Meru glacier, and return to the campsite for overnight stay.
- Day 6: Trek to Bhojbasa
Get up early in the morning and trek down to Bhojbasa after breakfast.
- Day 7: Trek to Gangotri
Today we will trek to Gangotri and spend the night at a guesthouse.
- Day 8: Drive to Dehradun
Enjoy early morning breakfast and drive to Dehradun, marking the end of this wonderful trip.
- Transportation as per the itinerary
- Camping and trekking equipment
- Charges for forest entry
- Porters and mules to carry extra luggage
- Three meals a day
- Trek guide, helpers, and cook
- Tented accommodation
- Transportation from Dehradun to hometown
- Accommodation in Dehradun
- Trekking shoes and sticks
- Personal expenses
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Any expense not mentioned in the Included section
Good to Know
- The difficulty level of this trek is easy, and can be done by anyone with moderate level of physical fitness/
- The trek can be customized as per your requirements and group size.