This is a challenging trek in Himachal Pradesh that winds through narrow, tricky and rocky trails. The trek takes you through varying altitudes, Thamsar Pass being the highest in this trek. The view of the spotless blue sky from the high passes will leave every traveler enchanted. The steep and strenuous climbs are worth the scenic beauties, one can capture on reaching the top. Enticing views of the Dhauladhar range will fill everyone with joy and immense pleasure. The evergreen valley hosts varied species of Himalayan flora and fauna. The gushing streams and cascading waterfalls are a treat to the eyes. This alpine trek starts from an elevation of 2,050 meters and reaches a maximum of 5,000 meters!
- Visit a poplar destination for paragliding at Bir
- Experience a magical and surreal village situated on the slope of high mountains
- Trek through rough, rocky and glacial trails throughout the length of this trip.
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Dhauladhar range from the Thamsar pass.
- Capture the views of a scenic campsite with campfire at the base of Thamsar pass.
- Hike through a wild life sanctuary full of exotic trees and shurbs.
- Day 1: Manali to Lamadugh
Start trekking from Manali, through the Valley of Manalsu River. The trail goes through a wild-life sanctuary, full of silver oak, pine, cedar, wild cherry, and maple trees. Halt at a campsite in lush green meadows of Lamadugh for overnight stay.
- Day 2: Lamadugh to DohraNalla
Trek upwards and witness big bushes of rhododendron trees on the slope of the mountains. Capture the gorgeous views of wild flowers on high altitude meadows of Khandpari. Descend down to reach the campsite at DohraNalla.
- Day 3: DohraNalla to Sangohar
Hike through a lush forest and remains of a glacier to reach the base of Kali Hani. Witness magnificent views of snow capped peaks of Kullu. There will be a slight ascent to reach the campsite at Sangohar.
- Day 4: Sangohar to Gaddijot
Hike through beautiful forests and meadows, followed by a steep trail via glacial debris and snow to gain maximum altitude of this trek. Experience joy and breath-taking surroundings at Kali Hani Pass! Halt over there for sometime and descend to the other side to reach a mountain stream at Gaddi jot. Fix your camp at the location to stay overnight.
- Day 5: Gaddijot to LambaphadContinue to hike down the trail that leads to Soony River through Devi Jot. Visit a famous temple on the way and continue trek to reach Lambaphad.
- Day 6: LambaPhad to Soony
Follow the trail, across the river, rocky terrain, and a meadow. Hike through a forest and finally cross a wooden bridge to reach the campsite at Soony.
- Day 7: Soony to Bara Bhangal
The trail winds it way down to the floor of the valley. Stride a level walk to reach the campsite, near Bara Bhangal
- Day 8: Visit to Bara Bhangal VillageGet acquainted with ‘Gaddees’ the inhabitants of a remote and isolated, Bara Bhangal village in Dhauladhar mountains. Capture the sight of cattle grazing in the meadows and experience the lifestyle of these shepherds.
- Day 9: Bara Bhangal to Base of Thamsar pass
A steep and long descent from Kali Hani pass today, followed by uphill trek to the base of Thamsar pass.
- Day 10: Base of Thamsar Pass to Panihartu
Follow a steep rocky trail from the other side of Thamsar pass. Enjoy spectacular views of the Dhauladhar range and take a halt there. Descend down to reach the campsite at Panihartu.
- Day 11: Panihartu to Raj GundhaExperience the beauty of nature as you cross through meadows, forests, and waterfalls to reach Raj Gundha village, situated on a high mountain slope.
- Day 12: Raj Gundha to Bir
Cross oak and rhododendron forests to reach a famous paragliding destination, Bir.
- Day 13: Drive to Dharamshala
Board a taxi to Dharamshala for sight-seeing of Tibetan monasteries.
- Three-course Vegetarian meal Buffet, cooked by a chef and helpers throughout the length of program
- Tented accommodation available in Twin and triple sharing basis. Includes - foam trekking mattress, sleeping bags, dining tent and toilet rent
- Porters and Mules for carrying extra baggage
- Transportation services
- Professional High Altitude Trekking Guide
- Qualified High Altitude Field Staff
- Medical or emergency evacuation
- Medical insurance coverage
- Service Tax @5%
- Added expense that may arise due to unforeseen events like transportation delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
Good to Know
- Intimation of less than 30 days (from the starting date of the program): 50% will be refunded.
- Intimation of less than 15 days (from the starting date of the program): There will be no refund.
- No refund is offered to people who cannot complete the program or abandon it mid-way.