Be a part if this extraordinary opportunity to observe the elusive Snow Leopard along with other wildlife in the Hemis National Park. Located an hour away from Leh, Hemis National Park is the largest conservation area in India, covering 1,700 square miles, within the Karakoram-West Tibetan Plateau. This snow-covered area is the home to Snow Leopards. The pine forests, alpine meadows, scrublands, and alpine tundra make the area an ideal breeding location for the ‘ghosts of the mountains’.
Enjoy birdwatching from the Rumbak campsite and spot gigantic birds, including the Indian and Tibetan species. The other predators in this region include the Tibetan wolf, the Eurasian brown bear, and the red fox. Witness other exotic cattle in the area as well, such as - Great Tibetan Sheep, Blue Sheep, Ladakhi Urial, and domesticated yaks.
- Spot elusive snow leopards in the wild
- Camp at India’s largest conservation area- Hemis National Park
- Trek through dense pine forests, alpine scrublands, and alpine tundra
- Enjoy birdwatching from Rumbak valley
- Spot the gigantic Golden eagle, Himalayan Griffon and Lammergeier vulture
- Witness the exotic cattle such as Great Tibetan Sheep, Blue Sheep, Ladakhi Urial and domesticated yaks
- Day 1: Arrive in Leh
Reach Airport and our representative will meet you there and transfer you to the Guest house. The tour manager will meet you at the Guest house and brief all the participants about the trip, followed by a welcome dinner.
- Day 2: Acclimatize
Explore the city of Leh and enjoy the splendid sights of this city. Enjoy the walking tour and visit places of interest. Acclimatize and prepare for the upcoming trek to Hemis National Park. Spend the night in a Guest house.
- Day 3: Transfer to Hemis National Park
An hour drive will take you to the Hemis National Park, till the end of the road. Trek through the alpine forest to reach Zinghcen village and witness the spectacular scenery. Pitch the first camp in the area and stay overnight.
- Day 4 : Sight-seeing at Hemis National Park
Trek to Rhumbak and explore the surrounding area. You may get sightings of the Snow Leopard, Tibetan Wolf, Markhor, Arghali, and Urial. Set up the camp at Rhumbak and spend the night in tents.
- Day 5: Sight-seeing at Hemis National Park
The Rumbak valley is a good place to study the Trans-Himalayan Birds such as the Golden Eagle, Lammergeier Vulture, and Himlayan Griffon.
- Day 6: Sight-seeing at Hemis National Park
Explore the surrounding area and you may find sightings of the snow leopard. Enjoy birdwatching in Rumak and witness some beautiful Indian and Tibetan species.
- Day 7: Sight-seeing at Hemis National Park
Spend one more day at the camp and immerse in the serene nature. Witness more sightings of the snow leopard (if lucky) and other species.
- Day 8: Return to Leh
Trek to Zingchen, from where a taxi will pick you up and drop you at the Guest House in Leh.
- Day 9: Departure
Check out of the Guest house and our staff will drop all the guests to the Airport for departures.
- Airport pick and drop
- Transportation as per the itinerary
- Rooms on twin sharing basis at ‘A’ category Guest house with Breakfast and Dinner
- Tents on twin sharing basis for 5 nights at Hemis National Park
- Three meals a day during trekking
- Sight-seeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Three meals a day during trekking
- Camping equipment’s
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- Transportation services including permits, etc.
- ProfessionalTrekking Guide with fluency in English
- First Aid kit
- Nepal immigration and Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Government tax (GST)
- Sleeping bags
- Optional trips and sight-seeing
- Added expense that may arise due to unforeseen events like transportation delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Personal expenses
Good to Know
- Cancellation policy:
- 30+ Days – 100% of the tour costs will be returned.
- Within 30 days – 75% of the tour costs will be returned.
- 29-16 Days – 50% of the tour costs will be returned.
- 15-8 Days – 25% of the tour costs will be returned.
- 7-0 Days – 0% of the tour costs will be returned.
- Also, note that Rs 500 will be levied as Cancellation charges along with GST and other taxes paid while booking.