Located in Sri Lanka’s heartland, Alagala Mountain draws hikers and trekkers from all around the world. The Alagalla Mountain range lies west of Kandy and is a beautiful potato-shaped rock with magnificent views. This one day trek will land you on its summit, from where you can capture an incredible view of the cities. The trail goes through vast tea plantation farms and is dotted with several tribal villages. You will encounter exotic flora and fauna on your way. This trek also allows you to cycle to the base of Alagalla Mountain and absorb the mesmeric views. During your return, you will experience an awesome TukTuk ride and finish the trek with immense pleasure and satisfaction.
- Exquisite views of Kandy, Mawennalla, and Kadugannawa from the top of Alagala mountain
- Trek on a beautiful trail and an isolate mountain in Sri Lanka
- Witness the endemic flora and fauna. You will find leaches, snakes, scorpions, beetles, and birds on the way.
- Capture the beautiful tea plantation farms
- Enjoy the famous TukTuk ride in Kandy
- Cycle to the base of Alagalla Mountain
- Day 1:
ll the travelers must reach the office from where we will begin our journey. We will begin by cycling to the Alagala Mountain and visit famous Buddhist and Hindu Temples on the way. After visiting the temples, we will begin the 3-4 hour trek through the tea plantation and try to reach the summit. We will now return to Kandy and enjoy the famous TukTuk ride. On the way, you will encounter endemic flora and fauna, including leaches, birds, snakes, scorpions, and beetles.
- Trek briefing
- TukTuk ride
- Entrance fees
- Government Permits
- Water and snacks
- Leach shocks and anti-leach liquid
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Insurance cover up to $2000
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- Professional High Altitude Trekking Guide with fluency in English
- First Aid kit
- Transportation other than Included section
- Additional Food or beverage
- Added expense that may arise due to unforeseen events like transportation delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Personal expenses
Good to Know
- To keep the integrity of the National Parks and forests, the participants are not allowed to remove or collect any flora and fauna from the premises. The travelers are required to keep the premises neat and clean, just the way you would expect to find it.
- The Alagala Mountain trail is sensitive to weather conditions and the operations are subject to the same. The co-operation of fellow travelers would be appreciated at times of delay and bad weather conditions.