Horton Plains is an exclusive high altitude location for romantic trekking excursions in Sri Lanka. The area is highly guarded by the Sri Lanka Wildlife Department as it stores rich biodiversity. You will witness endemic species of flora and fauna during your journey. If you’re lucky enough, you might also be able to catch a glimpse of the Leopards. Horton Plains is an altitude at a height of 2,200 meters with beautiful views.
After trekking to Hortons Plains we will move towards the final trekking trail that will lead us to the top of Kirigalpotha Mountain. This is the second-highest mountain in Sri Lanka and boasts beautiful views of the valley and horn chameleons from the top. Summiting the Kirigalpotha Mountain will invoke feelings of calm and euphoria.
- Witness the endemic species of flora and fauna
- Trek through lush grasslands, plateaus, uninhabited areas, and three major river of Sri Lanka
- Get an opportunity to catch glimpse of Leopard in Horton Plain
- Summit the second highest mountain of Sri Lanka- Kirigalpotha mountain
- Observe horned chameleon from the top of Kirigalpotha mountain
- Discover the natural beauty of Sri Lanka
- Day 1:
We will begin trekking towards Horton Plains and hike for 4-5 hours. During your journey, you will pass through various grasslands and cloud forests. Witness endemic species of flora and fauna in the Horton Plains area. Enjoy lunch at this plateau, and we will begin with the second part of this tour. Commence trekking towards the west direction and move through an uninhabited area to reach Kirigalpotha Mountain. The total trek distance is 16 Km, and you will hike through intermittent patches of forest and savanna. Reach the top of the Kirigalpotha Mountain and capture the beautiful views.
- Trek briefing
- Entrance fees
- Government Permits
- Water and snacks
- Packed Lunch
- Insurance cover up to $2000
- Professional High Altitude Trekking Guide with fluency in English
- First Aid kit
- Transportation other than Included section
- Additional Food or beverage
- Added expenses that may arise due to unforeseen events like transportation delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Personal expenses
Good to Know
- To keep the integrity of the National Parks and forests, the participants are not allowed to remove or collect any flora and fauna from the premises. The travelers are required to keep the premises neat and clean, just the way you would expect to find it.
- The travelers may opt for vehicle transportation from Nuwera Elliya to Horton Plain and back. Additional charges of USD 70 will be applicable.
- If cancellation is done within 9 Days from the start of the program- No cancellation charges.
- If cancellation is done within 4-8 Days from the start of the program- 50% of the total price would be deducted.
- If cancellation is done within 3 Days or less from the start of the program- 100% of the total price would be deducted.