Be a part of an amazing holiday experience in Sri Lanka and celebrate the trip with a glass of wine. We will visit interesting locations, enjoy recreational activities, and end the day with exotic wines. This tour includes a mini-cycle tour, Village tour, Trekking in the mountains, water sports, National Park visit, and whale watching.
The trip begins with a cycle tour in the Habarana region and a visit to the village, where you will learn the customs and lifestyle of the Sri Lankan farmers. We will visit the Horton Plains National Park and Yala National park to witness the various species of flora and fauna. To increase the thrill quotient we will hike through the scenic Hanthana Mountain and enjoy recreation activities at Kalani River. The tour ends at Unawatuna beach, where we can take part in interesting water sports and whale watching in Mirissa.
- Experience the lifestyle of farmers, their customs and traditions during the village tour
- Cycle in the Habarana region and the Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Hike through the mesmeric Hanthana mountain
- Be a part of interesting water activities at Kalani river
- Rejoice at the Unawatuna beach and enjoy swimming, scuba diving, surfing, yachting, and much more
- Spot blue whales, sperm whales, and dolphins In Mirissa
- Visit the Yala National Park and Horton Plains National Park to witness the flora and fauna
- Enjoy wine and hike at Kithulgala Village
- Experience living in tree houses
- Day 1: Airport to Habarana
Our staff will welcome all the guests at the airport and transfer everyone to their respective hotels. During the 4-5 hour journey to the hotel, guests will be served with refreshing coconut drinks and lunch in a local restaurant. In the evening, we will experience Elephant back riding in the countryside in the Habarana region.
- Day 2: Habarana to Sigiriya
We will enjoy delicious breakfast in the hotel and start the day with a cycling tour to Sigiriya Rock Fortress. Explore the Royal Palace, Citadel, Fortified towns, and water gardens. In the evening we will hike to Habarana Village and experience the lifestyle for Sri Lankan farmers. Our staff will also host re-creation activities such as bullock cart ride, canoeing, and cooking. Experience the traditional transport system and relish Sri Lanka evening snacks.
- Day 3: Habarana to Polonnaruwa
Today we will enjoy a country-side cycling tour to the sacred Polonnaruwa and Minnieriya National Park. The cycling trail is usually flat and soft, making it a tireless experience. We will explore the Ruin of Ancient Capital by cycle and proceed to Minneriya National Park by evening. Enjoy the sight of the elephants and watch them play with water coming out from the water tank. Observe endemic species of birds and other animals. We will spend the night in Habarana.
- Day 4: Habarana to Kithulgala
After enjoying the breakfast, we will leave for Kithulgala and visit Spice Garden on the way. We will have lunch after the 4-5 hour drive and begin trekking in Hanthana Mountain. Hanthana Mountain has been declared as an environmental protection zone and has mesmeric scenic views.
- Day 5: Kithulgala
Kalani is a major white water river in Kithulgala and is a prominent area for recreational activities and water sports. We will experience water rafting, jungle trekking, abseiling, and rock sliding the whole day. We will spend the entire day around the Kalani River and experience exciting activities.
- Day 6: Kithulgala to Horton Place and NuweraElliya
We will enjoy an early breakfast and proceed towards Hortons Plains National Park. This is one of the best nature reserves and eco-tourism spots in Sri Lanka. The location has been recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Experience trekking in the hilltops, grasslands, valleys, and wetlands. You will also witness a variety of flora and fauna, including elk, deer, giant squirrel, bore, and even leopard.
- Day 7: NuweraElliya to Yala
Today we will proceed to Yala and check into the Ceylon Campsite or Treehouse. The guests can rest during the afternoon as we have an evening safari in Yala National Park. This park is famous for abundant flora, fauna, and the fine coral reef coastline. Yala National Park has the highest density of leopards in the entire world. Witness the ruins of earlier civilizations and sights of leopard.
- Day 8: Yala
This day is all about rest and fun in the Yala region. After enjoying breakfast, we will experience a full day game drive in Yala. With the setting sun, we will sit for dinner and spend the night in Yala.
- Day 9: Yala to Unawatuna
Today we will visit the Unawatuna beach and enjoy water activities in the region. The south coast of Sri Lanka is a beautiful combination of golden sand, temples, and a laid back atmosphere. This spot is ideal for swimming, fishing, scuba diving, surfing, and underwater photography. We will also search for blue whales, coral reefs, angelfish, and pufferfish in the crystal clear beach water.
- Day 10: Yala to Unawatuna
This will be a leisure day as we will rest at the Unawatuna beach and experience diving. The amateurs will be given proper training before they can go for real diving in the ocean. We will spend the night in Unawatuna and prepare for departure the next day.
- Day 11: Departure
We will get up early this morning and proceed to Mirissa amidst the ocean to spot blue whales, sperm whales, and dolphins on the southern coast. After this 4-5 hour of interesting experience, our staff will escort all the guests to the Airport for departure.
- Trek briefing
- Entrance fees
- Government Permits
- Accommodation in double/triple sharing rooms
- Water and snacks
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- First Aid kit
- Transportation other than Included section
- Additional Food or beverage
- Added expense that may arise due to unforeseen events like transportation delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Personal expenses
Good to Know
- Sri Lanka lies to close to the equator and is predominately a hot and dry country. The average temperature is 30-degree centigrade and relative humidity around 60-65%. All travelers are advised to carry sun-block, light clothes, and cycling shoes.
- The travelers can either choose the Luxury Package or the Standard Package for this tour. The travelers who have opted for the Luxury package would stay in a 4-star Hotel, whereas the Standard package includes staying in a 3-star hotel.
- If cancellation is done within 9 Days from the start of the program- No cancellation charges
- If cancellation is done within 4-8 Days from the start of the program- 50% of the total price would be deducted
- If cancellation is done within 3 Days or less from the start of the program- 100% of the total price would be deducted