Trekking Holidays in Sri Lanka will connect you deeply with nature and broaden your mind. This trekking trip in Sri Lanka is filled with beautiful mountains, valleys, tea plantations, traditional villages, stunning forest reserves, and pristine waterfalls. Experience the joy of walking as you briskly move through various sceneries and observe the endemic flora and fauna. This guided tour of Sri Lanka will demonstrate the historical attractions and the cultural values of Sri Lanka in a beautiful way. The trek also rewards you with exquisite views when you summit the Kirigalpotha Mountain. So step up and join us for an unforgettable trekking holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Trek on a beautiful trail and an isolate mountain in Sri Lanka
- Visit the mesmerizing Hullan Ella and Duweli Ella Waterfall
- Summit the Kirigalpotha mountain, the highest in Sri Lanka
- Interact with Sri Lankans and experience their customs and traditions
- Indulge in Sri Lankan cuisine
- Enjoy the brisk nature walk through Horton Plains
- Visit the Temple of Tooth and understand the cultural values of Sri Lanka
- Witness the endemic flora and fauna. You will find elephant, sambhur Deer, Indian Muntjak, flyinggiant Squirrels Lizards, Geckos, Skinks, Snakes, Amphibians, Snails, Butterflies and Fishes.
- Capture the beautiful tea plantation farms
- Enjoy the famous TukTuk ride in Kandy
- This trail is also a great location to observe the migratory birds such as Changeable Hawk Eagle, Brown Fish Owl, Stork Billed kingfisher, and Gray Hornbill.
- Enjoy cycling in the Kandy city
- Day 1: Airport to Negombo
Our staff will welcome all the guests at the airport and transfer everyone to the hotel in BelihulOya. The guests can rest for some time as we have exciting canoeing in Samanala Water Tank and Village trekking planned in the evening. The mini nature trekking around the BelihulOya area is full of interesting sights and will allow you to experience the simple way of village living.
- Day 2: BelihulOya to Hullan Ella
All the guests can enjoy breakfast in the hotel and after that; we’ll leave for Hullan Ella Trekking. The ride from Hotel to Kinhigune will be an interesting one as we’ll travel via a Tuk-tuk. The Hullan Ella trek can be quite strenuous, so it is advised to carry only the necessary items in your luggage. Hullan Ela is one of the most scenic trekking trails in Sri Lanka as you witness several animals, birds, and the endemic species. You may observe the migratory birds, giant squirrels, Sambhur Deer, Hawk-eagle, Brown Fish owl, Geckos, Snakes, Amphibians, and many more. As you trek further you will find a small uninhabited village area, Savana forest area, and eventually the Walawe River Bank. We have now completed 8 km into the trek and will cross the river at Mulgammankda. We will again pass through unoccupied areas and eventually reach the mesmeric Hullan Ela waterfall. The water gushing down from 40 feet will fill all the guests with immense pleasure. Our campsite is located nearby, and we will spend the night there.
- Day 3: Hullan Ella Waterfall to Duweli Ella Waterfall
Our staff will serve delicious Sri Lankan breakfast to all the guests at the campsite. We will begin our trek to Duwili Ella waterfall, which is 10 km away from Hullan Ella. This trekking trail is very picturesque and goes through a beautiful forest area. We will serve lunch near the waterfall and continue to trek to the reporting point in order to reach the hotel.
- Day 4: BelihulOya to Horton
Today we will get up early for the breakfast and begin our 16 Km trek to Horton Plains. This is one of the hardest trekking trails in Sri Lanka but it rewards every trekker with incredible views. We will trek past the Barakanda Waterfall valley and a rich biological area, filled with endemic species of flora and fauna. Nature walk through Horton Plains will mesmerize you with sights of Elk, Deer, Giant Squirrel, Wild Boar, Porcupine, etc that are unique to this region. Our crew will serve you Sri Lanka styled dinner in the night.
- Day 5: Horton plains to Kirigalpotha
Located on the west side of Horton Plains is the Kirigalpotha Mountain, the highest in Sri Lanka. Embark upon the trekking trail to Kirigalpotha Mountain and walk past intermittent patches of forest and Savanna. This trail route showcases the endemic species of this area including the Horn Chameleon. Eventually, you will reach the top of the mountain, where you can capture beautiful sights of the valley. For the second phase of the trek, we will descend towards Kandy and visit a Tea factory on the way. Upon reaching Kandy, the last kingdom of Sri Lanka, we will visit the Temple of Tooth or enjoy cycling in the city. The guest can experience cultural dance shows at night and rest in the hotel.
- Day 6: Kandy to Airport
All the guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast at the hotel, followed by transfer to the airport, where we will bid farewell to all our esteemed guests.
- Trek briefing
- Entrance fees
- Government Permits
- Accommodation in double/triple sharing rooms
- Water and snacks
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- Professional High Altitude Trekking Guide with fluency in English
- First Aid kit
- Transportation other than Included section
- Additional Food or beverage
- Added expense that may arise due to unforeseen events like transportation delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Personal expenses
Good to Know
- To keep the integrity of the National Parks and forests, the participants are not allowed to remove or collect any flora and fauna from the premises. The travelers are required to keep the premises neat and clean, just the way you would expect to find it.
- If cancellation is done within 9 Days from the start of the program- No cancellation charges
- If cancellation is done within 4-8 Days from the start of the program- 10% of the total price would be deducted
- If cancellation is done within 3 Days or less from the start of the program- 10% of the total price would be deducted