Dominating the western Tibet with its unique geographical features, Mt. Kailash is a sacred site that attracts millions of people every year. Hindus, Buddhists, Bon, and Jain, who spend 3 days traversing this beautiful mountain, worship this holy mountain. This Kailash Parikrama trek also includes a visit to the sacred Mansarovar Lake and the natural hot springs. The trekking tour begins from Kathmandu, where you will enjoy a sightseeing tour and visit the famous historic attractions. We soon enter Tibet for the 3-Day Kailash Parikrama while acquainting with the beautiful culture of Tibet.
- Be a part of the three day Kailash Parikrama and witness the beautiful Mt. Kailash
- Visit the sacred Mansarovar lake, hot natural springs, and the Chiu Monastery
- Acquaint with the lifestyle, customs, and traditions of the Tibetan people
- Witness beautiful landscapes, high mountain passes, fluttering prayer flags, temples, monastery, and much more
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu and check-in at hotel
Our representative will receive all the guests at Tribhuban International Airport Kathmandu and transfer everyone to the hotel in the Thamel area. The rest of the day is free, and the guests can rest in their hotel rooms. The guests are requested to carry their original passport, photograph, and other documents for the Tibet Visa.
- Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Today we will enjoy a sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and visit major historical attractions, including Bouddhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. The guests can explore the surrounding area or prepare for the next day.
- Day 3: Rest Day in Kathmandu
Today we will visit the Chinese Embassy for Tibet/Kailash Visa and attend a briefing session with the group.
- Day 4: Drive to Kerung via Syaprubensi
Get up early and drive to Friendship Kerung Border via Shyaprubensi. Enjoy packed breakfast on the way and complete immigration formalities at the border to enter Tibet. Check into a guesthouse and spend the night in Kerung.
- Day 5: Acclimatization Day in Kerung
This day is reserved for acclimatization, and we will enjoy delicious breakfast in the morning followed by short hiking tours around the valley. The rest of the day is free, and the guests will spend the night at a guesthouse.
- Day 6: Drive to Saga
Today we will enjoy a scenic drive to Saga and witness beautiful mountains, high passes, fluttering prayer flags, and lakes along the route. Cross the Brahmaputra River to reach Saga and stay the night at a guesthouse.
- Day 7: Drive to Mansarovar Lake
Get up early and drive towards Mansarovar Lake through mesmeric views of Mt. Kailash, wide grazing fields, and local Tibetan villages. We will spend the night at a guesthouse at the bank of this beautiful lake.
- Day 8: Explore the lake and drive to Darchen
Wake up early with beautiful views of sunrise and spend half of the day exploring the Mansarovar Lake area. We will hike to Tsui Monastery and visit natural hot springs. After this, we will drive towards Darchen and prepare for the KailashKora trek.
- Day 9: Drive to Tarboche Valley and trek to Dirapuk (First Day- Kailash Parikrama)
This is the first day of the Kailash Parikrama and we will drive to Tarboche to reach the start point of the trek. Begin trekking from Yamadwar Ruins Valley and capture fantastic views of Mt. Kailash. Today’s trail will be almost flat, followed by a little uphill trek before Derapuk.
- Day 10: Trek to Juthulpak via Dolma La pass (Second Day- Kailash Parikrama)
For the second day of KailashParikarma, we will start the trek early and walk uphill till Dolma La pass for 4-5 hours.Capture stunning views of Mount Kailash and walk downhill towards Juthulpak for another 3 hours to reach the guesthouse for an overnight stay.
- Day 11: Trek to Darchen and drive to Saga (Third Day- Kailash Parikrama)
This will be the last day of KailashKora trekking, and we will follow a flat trail till Darchen. Walk along the bank of a river and board private vehicles from here for a drive to Saga. We will reach Saga by late afternoon and spend the night in a guesthouse.
- Day 12: Drive to Kerung
Today we will drive to Kerung via the same route and stay the night at a guesthouse. We can also cross the Nepal Tibet Border today and stay the night in Nepal.
- Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu
Get up early to complete the immigration formalities at the border and drive back to Kathmandu for an overnight stay.
- Day 14: Departure
The guests will be transferred to Kathmandu International Airport for departure.
- Transportation as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis (3 nights)
- Accommodation in Kerung, Saga, and Darchen (6 nights)
- Accommodation in guest house in Mansarovar, Derapuk and Juthulpuk (3 nights)
- Entrance fee for sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Entrance fee for Mansarovar Lake
- Travel permit in Tibet/Kailash and Tibet Visa
- Transportation for luggage transfer
- Professional trek guide with fluency in English language
- Porters and mules to carry luggage in KailashKora
- First aid kits
- Emergency Evacuation
- Medical Insurance
- Lunch and Dinner
- Personal Horse and helper in KailashKora
- Activities other than the ones mentioned in itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the Included section
Good to Know
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Best season: May to September
- Maximum altitude: 5656 m