The Everest 3 High Pass Trek is an ideal option for adventure lovers to immerse themselves in the spectacular views of the Himalayan Peaks. This trek will also give you a chance to climb 3 high altitude passes and witness the death-defying heights. This action-packed trek is full of cultural attractions as well and includes a sightseeing tour in Kathmandu. Visit famous historical attractions in the capital along with the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Relish Nepalese cuisine and learn more about the culture, customs, and lifestyle of Sherpa People. Visit the famous Namche Bazaar, climb the Kala Pathar, embrace the beauty of Gokyo lakes, and capture unparalleled views of the mighty Mt. Everest from Everest Base Camp, with this amazing trek tour in Nepal.
- Capture stunning views of the Himalayan peaks from Kala Pathar view point
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and visit the historical attractions and UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Trek through the stunning Ngozumpa glacier and 3 high passes
- Witness beautiful landscapes, valleys, rivers, glaciers, high mountain passes, monastery, and much more
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu and check-in at hotel
Our representative will receive all the guests at Tribhuban International Airport Kathmandu and transfer everyone to the hotel. Meet with the team for initial briefing and the rest of the day is free.
- Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Today we will enjoy a sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and visit major historical attractions and UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath Temple, and. The guests can explore the surrounding area and return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
- Day 3: Flight to Lukla and trek to Phadking
Get up early for a drive to the domestic airport and board the flight to Lukla. Witness a scenic 35-minute flight and meet with the porters and other staff members upon arrival. Begin trekking along the Dudh Koshi River and reach Phadking after 4 hours for an overnight stay at the teahouse.
- Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazar
Enjoy early breakfast, and commence trekking towards Namche Bazaar. Cross a huge suspension bridge and trek through alpine forests along the Dudh Koshi River. We will also cross Benkar village, Monjo village, and Jorsalle on the route. Stop for lunch on the way and reach Namche by evening.
- Day 5: Acclimatization Day at Namche
This day is reserved for acclimatization, and we will enjoy delicious breakfast in the morning followed by a short hiking tour to Everest View Hotel and Khumjung village. Visit local monasteries, Hillary School, and enjoy lunch with stunning views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and others. The rest of the day is free, and the guests can explore the bazar or rest in their rooms.
- Day 6: Trek to Thame
Today we will trek to Thame with excellent mountain views on the side of the canyon. We will stay the night in Thame village, which is the hometown of Apa Sherpa.
- Day 7: Trek to Lungdhen
Begin trekking with a short ascent towards an ancient Chorten, and enter a valley with only 3 villages. There is less vegetation on this trail and the walking might get a little difficult during the end.
- Day 8: Trek to Gokyo Lake via Renjo La pass
Get up early and follow an ascending trail towards a huge flat valley. Trek further towards Chola and ascend again through the loose rock to reach the top of a pass. Capture stunning views of Ngozumba glacier, Mt. Everest, Tabuche Cholatse, Makalu, etc. and walk down to Gokyo Lake.
- Day 9: Climb GokyoRi and walk to 5th Lake
Follow a steep trail to reach the top of GokyoRi at 5,357 m and witness spectacular views of the Gokyo Valley, Ngozumpa glacier, and the Khumbu Himalayas. Return to the lodge for breakfast and begin a hike to the 5th lake and Base camp of Choyo.
- Day 10: Trek to Thangna
Today’s trek will be relatively easy and will cross the Ngozumpa glacier, the longest in Nepal. We will reach Thangna early and prepare for the next day.
- Day 11: Trek to Dzongla via Cho La Pass
This is the hardest day of the entire trek, as we will climb on a steep path until the trail drops down to Chola. Trek through a steep rock to reach the top, and enjoy stunning views of Dzongla. Descend towards Dzongla for an overnight stay.
- Day 12: Trek to Lobuche
Today’s trek will be short, and we will walk past the Lobuche Base camp to reach the destination. The rest of the day is free, and the guests can explore the surrounding area or rest in their rooms.
- Day 13: Trek to Gorakshep to Everest Base Camp and return
Get up early in the morning for breakfast and begin trekking on an ascending and descending trail towards Everest Base Camp. Reach the Khumbu glacier and witness beautiful views of Mt. Everest. Trek back to Gorakshep for an overnight stay.
- Day 14: Climb Kala Pathar and trek to Lobuche
Wake up early with hot drinks and nuts, and climb the Kala Pathar for one and a half hours. Enjoy the beautiful sunrise and splendid views of the mountains. Walk back towards Gorakshep for breakfast and hike to Lobuche for an overnight stay.
- Day 15: Trek to Chukung via Kongma La Pass
Enjoy breakfast at a lodge and trek towards east through the Khumbu glacier. Follow the trail that will lead you to the highest point of this trek at Kongma La pass. Walk downhill towards Chukung valley and stay the night here.
- Day 16: Trek to Tengboche
Trek downhill through the valley to Dingboche and a few Sherpa Villages following an easy trail. Cross the Pangboche village and a river to merge with the trail that will lead you to Tengboche. Visit an old monastery, located on the hillside, and spend the night at a teahouse.
- Day 17: Trek to Jorsalle via Namche
Walk down towards Phunki Thanga village and cross a village over the Dudh Koshi River. The trail becomes steep from here, till Sanasa Village. Trek downhill towards Namche Bazaar for lunch, and continue walking towards Jorsalle village.
- Day 18: Trek to Lukla
Trek on an easy trail for 5 hours to reach Lukla. Explore the surrounding areas and spend the night at a teahouse.
- Day 19: Flight to Kathmandu and check into hotel
Board an early morning flight to Kathmandu and drive back to the hotel. Enjoy a typical Nepali dinner at an authentic restaurant with the entire team and share your experiences.
- Day 20: Explore Kathmandu
This is a buffer day and you can use it to explore the city, rest, or depart as per your convince.
- Day 21: Departure
Our drivers will drop all the guests at Kathmandu International Airport for departure, marking the end of this wonderful trip.
- Transportation as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis (4 nights)
- Accommodation in tea house during trekking
- Entrance fee for sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Permit of Everest Trekking and TIMS Card
- Flight- Kathmandu to Lukla and return
- Three meals a day
- One dinner is authentic Nepalese Restaurant
- Professional trek guide with fluency in English language
- Porters and mules to carry luggage
- Trekking and camping equipment
- Govt. taxes and official service charge
- First aid kits
- Emergency Evacuation
- Nepal Visa
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal Horse and helper in KailashKora
- International Airfare
- Activities other than the ones mentioned in itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the Included section
Good to Know
- Trip Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
- Best season: March to May and September to November
- Maximum altitude: 5,545 m (Kala Pathar)