Climb to the summit of Kedarkantha Peak and witness the indescribable feeling with stunning views of Gangotri and Yamunotri ranges. This climb to the top of a peak will fill your body with intense confidence and offer a sense of achievement in all aspects. This beautiful trek begins from the city of Dehradun, followed by a superb drive to Sankri. The trail from Sankri is filled with gorgeous pine, oak, and maple trees. You will also get the opportunity to stay at the Kedarkantha Base camp and immerse in the spectacular sight of the Har ki Doon valley. The fourth day is the major highlight of this trek when we finally climb the Kedarkantha peak and strike off another goal from our bucket list.
- Enjoy a scenic drive from Dehradun to Sankri
- Trek through beautiful forests of oak and pine trees
- Climb the glorious Kedarkantha Peak
- Immerse in stunning views of Gangotri and Yamunotri ranges from the summit
- Spend night at the beautiful Kedarkantha Base camp
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Har ki Doon Valley
- Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri
After arrival at Dehradun bus station, our representatives will drive all the guests to Sankri, passing through Mussoorie, Mora, Netawar, and Purola. The drive to Sankri will be scenic and we will witness many rivers on the way. We will check-in at the campsite and spend the rest of the day there.
- Day 2: Sankri to JudakaTalab
Breakfast will be served around 08:00 AM and we will begin our trek towards Judaka Talab, which is situated around a pond and surrounded by oak and pine trees. The campsite will also offer stunning views of snow-covered peaks.
- Day 3: Jud aka Talab to Kedarkantha Base
We will get up early in the morning for breakfast and start trek to Kedarkantha base camp. The trek will take approximately 4 hours, and a hot lunch will be served upon arrival. We can explore the beautiful campsite, and we will spend the night here, relaxing amidst nature’s sheer beauty.
- Day 4: Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back
Today’s trek will be quite long, as we will hike to the summit of the Kedarkantha peak for 7-8 hours. We will be rewarded with stunning views of the Gangotri and Yamunotri ranges from the top. After enjoying lunch, we will descend to the base camp.
- Day 5: Kedarkantha Base to Sankri
We will trek back to Sankri via Hargaon, and follow a trail of cobblestones. Trek through beautiful forests of maple and pine trees while enjoying the gorgeous sight of the HarkiDoon valley.
- Day 6: Drive to Dehradun
Upon reaching Sankri, we will drive back to the Dehradun bus stand and board the buses to Manali. The scenic bus ride will mark the end of this spectacular trek tour.
- Accommodation in tents
- Transportation from Manali and back
- Three meals a day and refreshments
- Trekking and camping equipment
- Safety gears
- Professional trek guide with fluency in English language
- Emergency rescue team
- Porters to carry extra luggage, cooks, and helpers
- Forest charges, camping charges, and Permit Fee
- Forest entry fee and permit
- Meals during hotel stay
- Meals during the journey
- Personal expenses
- Carriage of personal luggage
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Any expense not mentioned in the Included section
Good to Know
- The best time for this trek is between the months of December and April
- The maximum altitude of this trek tour will be 12,500 ft
- Minimum age to take part in this tour is 8