Considered an amazing and short Trek, Gosaikund Pass Trek is relatively a quiet area of the region with mesmeric views. Trekkers label it as a tranquil trek enclosed with snow-capped mountains. A less crowded trekking trail of the Langtang region, Gosaikund Pass Trek starts from Syabrubesi dotted with villages, lakes, and beautiful forest regions.
The trek route is indeed rewarding as it offers stunning views of enormous mountain ranges, holy lakes, and the opportunity to interact with the locals and know about their traditions, language, culture, and lifestyle.
The trail is loaded with amazing flora and fauna, ethnic diversity, and unique trails both easy and challenging.
- This beauty trek trail offers stunning views of Himalayas
- Witness the beauty of the Holy Lakes of Gosaikunda
- The trail is a silent, unique, crowd-free trek and highly recommended
- Explore Tibetan Culture and Villages like Tamang
- Visit Sing Gompa
- Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu Transfer to Hotel
Once you arrive at Kathmandu, you’ll be welcome by our staff. Then they’ll transfer you to your hotel with a briefing regarding Gosaikunda Pass Trek, lodges, and more.
- Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru
The trek route is a popular one, especially if you’re coming from Langtang Valley. The climb to Syabru is a tough one, as the path descends steeply from Rimche and crosses the Langtang Khila to Bamboo and onto Pairo. Gradually a side trail departs left for Syabru passing through bamboo and woodlands. It is going to be relentless ascends into the bowl of the Chope Khola, before you descend to a long bridge.
- Day 3: Trek from Syabru to Sing Gompa
Wake up early morning to the chirping of the bird to witness the mesmeric Himalayan sunrise. The trek starts from Syabru where you climb the forests through fields reaching Dhusagang. Then you reach into shady forests and the lodges of Foprang Danda that provide breathtaking views over Trisuli Valley across to Gatlang, Ganesh Himal and Tamang area. The forested tricky snow-covered trail continues up to Sing Gompa.
- Day 4: Sing Gompa to Laurebina
The trek takes you from Sing Gompa to Cholangpati to Laurebina forest that offers tranquillity and airy ridge views. There are two stages to reach the destination- one above Sing Gompa relishing the first view of Ganesh Himal. The trail then switches to the north side of the ridge to reach Cholangpati with a steady climb to Chorten.
- Day 5: Laurebina to Gosainkund
Today we continue the beautiful ridge walk to Gosainkund that is known for its 108 breathtaking lakes. As we leave Laurebina, the trail climbs steadily across old stone walls and high meadows. As you reach the white Chorten, the trail becomes narrow and tricky when icy. You can visit lakes like the Saraswati Kund, Bhairab Kund, and more before reaching the camp destination.
- Day 6: Gosainkund to Phedi
It is said that crossing the Laurebina La can pose a risk to trekkers in spite of being not a high Himalayan pass. Upon reaching Phedi you continue the walk to Ghopte. The section after Phedi is both dangerous and demanding, as the trail climbs to three gushing water sprouts and the pass winding around the Dudh Kund, Ganesh Kund, and Surya Kund Lakes. From the pass, you walk onto a long descend that is steep and have rough underfoot.
- Day 7: Ghopte to Tharepati
Be ready for a long and demanding day at trek to Tharepati. Leaving Ghopte the trek heads under forbidding cliffs, through juniper, rhododendrons, and besides sparkling streams with waterfall. The trail now descends to Mera Kharka and then ascends to Tharepatu offering breathtaking views over Helambu. From Tharepati many trekkers follow the Helambu ridgeline through Mangengoth and Chisapani before start descending to Sundarijal. But those who wish to explore more should head to Melamchigaon. We stay at Tharepati to trek to Mangengoth.
- Day 8: Tharepati to Mangengoth
Start a relaxing walk from Tharepati along the wide trail and airy ridge with breathtaking views. The trek crosses through a tranquil forest area and there you can look out for red pandas and meerkats. Mangengoth is also called Kyuola Bhanjyang.
- Day 9: Mangengoth to Kutumsang
The day starts with a walk down the ridgeline to Kutumsang that can be tricky. Halt at Sangugupte and then continue your trek with a bit descend through the woods including tricky trail section, steep steps, mocking monkeys, and more.
- Day 10: Kutumsang to Thodung
The day marks a rigorous stage encircled with breathtaking panoramic views as a distraction. The trail climbs and then descends briefly, reaching a lodge called Dragon Lodge. Reaching the point, you receive first sight of Gul Zhanjiang and Gul Bhanjyang. Then you climb from the village passes a gleaming white stupa and reach Thodung.
- Day 11: Thodung to Chisapani
During this point, you experience changes in weather conditions. At this stage, it often remains hot and humid. The route passes through Chipling and Lapche witnessing the stunning setting of Annapurna ranges in the West to Chobo Bamare in the East. Now the trail descends to Thankune Bhanjyang with a bus stop for Kathmandu. Following the eroded trail, you reach the road and take path made for trekkers to reach Chisapani. Enjoy mesmeric sunset view and magical dawn here.
- Day 12: Chisapani to Kathmandu
Last day of Gosaikund Pass Trek, wake up early to enjoy farewell and then start trek crossing Shivapuri National Park to reach Borlang Bhajyang Pass. It is the high point and then you descend passing through beautiful lush forests to have an exotic experience amidst the wilderness. Then you reach Sundrajijial and from there board the bus to reach Kathmandu.
- Day 13: Departure Day
After a wonderful farewell dinner and cultural dance night, take rest and the next day wake up early. After breakfast leave for the airport, a representative of Sherpa Expedition and Trekking will drop you three hours before your flight. Have a great journey back.
- Transportation from and to the Airport
- Drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche to Sundarijal to Kathmandu
- Mountain Rescue and Evacuation Arrangements
- 2 night hotel stay in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Medical Kits
- All night accommodation during the trek at tea houses/lodges
- Full board meals during the trek- breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Welcome and Farewell dinner with Nepalese local culture dance
- Professional English speaking Mountain Guide and Porter
- Expenses of Guide and Porter- Food, Insurance, Accommodation & Fee
- Trekking Maps, Sleeping Bag, Down jackets, and Duffle Bag (Return down jacket and sleeping bag after the trek)
- All taxes and permits- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park and Langtang National Park Permit
- International Airfare
- Airport Taxes
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Travel Insurance
- Porter to carry luggage- you can ask for while reservation
- Tips for field staff- Guide and Porter
- Personal Expenses
- Everything not mentioned under ‘Included’ section
Good to Know
- Carry right kind of clothes for trekking
- Pack light for a convenient trekking trip
- Toiletry kit, personal medicine, drinking water purifying tablet
- Make sure to take travel insurance
- Physical fitness and adjustment are highly required for the trekking
- The itinerary is subject to change for issues beyond control- weather, terrain condition, health issue, etc.