Behold the impressive sights of the spectacular Friendship peak and immerse in the stunning beauty of Himachal Pradesh. This trek will give you a chance to climb the majestic Friendship peak and capture the incredible views from the top. This adventurous trek tour will delight all the tourists with its pristine landscapes, sights of snow-covered peaks and the wonderful trekking trail. Witness Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal range at every turn to get the perfect essence of Himachal Pradesh. This trek will begin through the gorgeous city of Manali and take you through the snow-covered Rohtang Pass and the iconic Beas Kund glacier.
- Immerse in the natural beauty of Manali, Rohtang pass and Solang valley
- Trek through coniferous trees, high altitude pastures, ethnic villages and glaciers
- Acquire the special techniques required for the summit climb
- Climb the majestic Friendship Peak and capture incredible views from the top
- Witness pristine rivers, glaciers, majestic peaks, beautiful villages and gorgeous landscapes
- Day 1: Arrival at Manali
The guests are requested to report to the hotel around 11 AM, to begin with the tour briefing and to complete the pending paperwork. We will spend the night at Manali nature Camp.
- Day 2: Manali to Bakar Thach
We will begin the day with a drive to Bakar Thach through Dhundi village. Witness the Beas River meeting with its first tributary near the Rohtang Pass and Beas Kund. We will have to trek through coniferous forests from the Dhundi village. We will spend the night at a camp in Bakar Thach.
- Day 3: Bakar Thach to Beas Kund glacier and return
Today we will trek to the Beas Kund glacier and begin with our training session. Our team will teach you various techniques that would be needed for the rest of the expedition. The guests will learn the following techniques:
- Self-arresting technique
- Techniques to fix ropes
- Fixing Carabiners
- Walking with crampons
- Descending and ascending techniques
- Self rescue techniques
- Ways to handle small accidents
- We will return to Bakar Thach for overnight stay, once the training is complete.
- Day 4: Bakar Thach to Advanced Base Camp
Get up early in the morning and trek towards the Advance base camp through a beautiful route. The trail will include steel passes through ridges and will increase the thrill quotient of this trek. We will stay the night at Advance base camp.
- Day 5: ABC to Summit Camp
The trail from ABC to Summit Camp will be short, and we will witness the Friendship peak upon arrival. We will have to sleep early tonight after dinner to prepare for the next day’s climb.
- Day 6 & 7: Summit Camp to Friendship Peak and return to Bakar Thach
We will get up soon after midnight with a cup of tea and begin with the climb to the Friendship peak. The climb will be very steep and will take us around 8 hours to reach the top. We will be rewarded with panoramic views of the valley and begin to descend soon after. The 7th day is also reserved for the climb and we will trek back to Bakar Thach by evening.
- Day 8: Bakar Thach to Manali via Solang Nallah
Today we will trek down to Solang Nallah and head back to Manali via road. Attend the group meeting and certification ceremony.
- Day 9: Departure
Breakfast will be served in the morning and the guests can depart after their checkout.
- Professional and certified mountaineering guides
- Three vegetarian meals during the climb
- Camping, trekking and mountaineering equipment
- Accommodation in tents in twin sharing basis
- Porters for ferry loads
- Breakfast at hotel
- First Aid kit with oxygen cylinder
- Permits and charges for forest, wildlife and camping
- State Govt. fees
- GST @5%
- Porters to carry personal luggage
- Personal expenses
- Costs for Liaison Officer
- Travel/Medical Insurance
- Any cost that may arise due to unforeseen circumstances
- IMF permissions
Good to Know
- The guests can book bus tickets from Delhi to Manali and back at subsidized rates from the organizer.
- The trip can be customized as per your requirements and group size.
- Best Season for this trek: June to September.