Trekking is a completely life-transforming experience. You may initiate trekking with simply hiking and return to the starting point in the evening with a rejuvenating experience. You may venture into the mountains with travelers, reputed travel companies, and adventure clubs. You need to keep a few things in mind to not ruin this never forgettable experience.
Nestled in the Himalayas, rich in flora and fauna, filled with beautiful rivers and lakes, no wonder Nepal is a popular tourist destination in the world. All of these beautiful qualities make it difficult for us to choose a perfect trekking tour.
Undoubtedly choosing the best trekking company among all existing companies is quite a difficult assignment. You’ll find numerous companies giving best deals, great services, high levels of safety standards, and client satisfaction, but not all live up to the promises. From October, trekking and hiking begins in full phase in Nepal and you can encounter trekking groups all over Nepal in different regions like Langtang, Annapurna, Manaslu, Everest, and Mustang regions. Buckle up your belt, pack your bags and don’t forget to follow these tips:
Some important tips to follow:
- Evaluate the trekking operator’s testimonial and reviews. Most of the feedbacks contain e-mail addresses; you may mail them to enquire about their experience.
- You may talk to your trekking enthusiast friend who went to Nepal to know about their experience and stories. They may recommend you some good locations as well as operators.
- Check carefully the cost and inclusions to avoid any last-minute surprises. Don’t pay without ensuring that it fulfills the requirement of your trip.
- You may also check for group departure dates for a convenient and cheap stay.
- You must check the company’s safety standards either on e-mail or website or check the company’s reviews on websites like tripadvisor.
- Ensure that the company carries PAC (Portable Altitude Chamber) or oxygen along with them at the high altitude regions of Himalayas to avoid any health emergency.
- Try to avoid cheap companies as they never deliver what they usually promise.
- Investigate properly that they have proper registration and license procedure done with the various departments of tourism ministry in Nepal, trekking agencies association of Nepal and Nepal tourism board.
- Years of experience always makes a difference. Keep that in mind and don’t forget to analyze how long this company is in business.
- You may also check the founders of the company, whether they are simple businessmen or adventure experts. Are they leading the trip or have some experience.
- If you’re still confused, you talk to the company. Companies are continually ready to provide you the necessary details and important pieces of information and details as you requested.
These are the general tips to follow. You may also read further to seek your style and when the right time to hit the trek is. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a pro, newbie or moderate trekker as long as you are ready to explore your adventurous side.
For the newbie
If you’re trying your hand in the trekking for the first time, Nepal is world-famous destination for trekking and tour with a plethora of options. You may choose depending on your skills, fitness level, and many more. You may start with easy and short treks which doesn’t need many skills for climbing and is easily accessible to a healthy person. Don’t worry, short treks will also allow you to experience viewpoints, city tours, cultural activities, etc in Nepal. As we know, there are a plethora of options available like Everest easy trek, panorama view treks, Annapurna sunrise view treks, Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek are some of the examples of easy treks to choose from. As a beginner, you may try one of these.
For rising armors
If you have some experience with other places, you may go for a moderate trek. You need to be fit and must have some knowledge about trekking. Some of the options for moderate trekkers in Nepal are Mani Rimdu Festival trek, Upper Mustang Trek, Annapurna base camp trek, Luxurious lodge treks, Langtang Valley Trek, and Sherpa village trek.
For pro trekkers
If you’re committed to trekking and it is flowing in your veins, you may try advance trekking destinations. These types of trekking tours need good knowledge of trekking, and you need to be perfectly fit as well. You may go for a month tour in the locations like Round Annapurna Trek, Manaslu Trek, Everest Base camp, Gokyo Lakes trek, etc.
When is the right time to explore Nepal?
The climate of Nepal consists of 5 seasons – spring, summer, monsoon, autumn and winter. If you prefer trekking with fewer people, you may go at the end of the season. Here is a concise guide for the trekking:
Everest base camp: February to May and October to December.
Three passes trek: March to May and November to December.
Annapurna sanctuary trek: May to October
Annapurna circuit: March to April and October to November
Upper mustang: May to October
Some of the best treks in Nepal from the perspective of region
Nepal offers a wide selection of diverse regions which includes an abundance of trekking routes to explore in Nepal. Here is the list of places that offers the best hike in each of these regions:
- Gokyo Trek
- Three Passes Trek
- Everest Base Camp
- The Mustang Trek
- Mardi Himal
- Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
- Annapurna Circuit
- Annapurna Panorama Trek